If your business isn’t on social media, then you are well behind in the race. As the saying goes, it’s never late to make a beginning it’s time you get along with the trend lest you are find it impossible to catch up. Let’s consider a few facts to drive home the point.
A new survey on the popularity of social media has come out with some startling facts. I would rather call it some tell tale or enlightening facts. Nearly 65% of adults in the US are addicted to social media. About 80% of them solicit views on social media platforms on what to buy. Almost half of them are favorably disposed towards companies which are active on social media. Given these facts, do you think it is possible to get a firm foothold in today’s competitive market, without getting your business onto social media?
All said and done, being on social media platforms like Facebook, Myspace, You Tube and Twitter helps to improve the way consumers view your company.
You can reach out to huge number of people at the same time at any hour of the day. Wouldn’t that be beneficial to your business? And to cap it all, this comes at no cost at all.
With a social media presence, your business gets a voice to communicate with consumers. With proper marketing methods you can spread your message far and wide and make your presence felt. Social media provides your business the opportunity to personalizes itself, and be in touch with all those who matter in an interactive and relaxed way. While on the one hand you can inform instantly, on the other hand you get a chance to address grievances immediately. What a distressed consumer looks forward to is an earnest and quick reassurance. The sooner it comes, the better. With social media you can address complaints and remove misgivings in a jiffy.
What consumers are looking for is a company with an identity. Social media can lend you the much needed “real” appearance which can distinguish you from the rest. You can transform your business identity into a personality and speak to them in their language. To sum it up, social media helps you build relationship with people. Once a relationship is built you get a perfect chance to build a rapport and win people’s trust. With trust on your side, half the battle is won.
If you are a small retailer or are planning to be one, getting big brands to your store can be a big challenge. Big brands can be a boon and at the same time a curse. Having them in your inventory can boost your credibility. Again winning their trust as a small fish entails lot of trouble. And that’s because, meeting their parameters to get their products is always a tall order.
The moot question is: Can you do away with well known brands. The answer is a big no. People identify products with brands. Ignoring brands is as good as ignoring people’s likes. However, brands don’t come for the asking. They are scared of giving it away to stores with low pricing, which may wind up soon, but not before harming the brands pricing. In the process the brands risk incurring the wrath of their main distributors.
How then to meet brand expectations is the million dollar question. All major brands would look into aspects like: your finances, store location and appearance, your business history and your experience. If you meet all of these it becomes very easy to hook brands. If you have finance and a good store location, than half the battle is won. Without these it is next to impossible to win them over.
But as discussed before, you just can’t do away with brand-names. How then to go about? If you hamstrung by your own deficiencies and yet would not want to forego branded items then do not go straight to the manufacturer. To start with, engage with a purchasing group or even a distributor. You have to be content with less profit in the beginning. But this provides you with a platform to sell your business skills with branded items. Once you manage to take sales to a better position, compared to the brands of competitors, you move towards a position of strength – from where you can call the shots. Having built your case thus, you can approach manufacturers at your terms.
However, achieving this is easier said than done. You need to have acumen of a special kind, all of which can’t be inborn. One acquires a part of this business intelligence by diligently studying the market, by gathering information about other successful retailers, all of whom have started from scratch, by learning how to cut deals with suppliers, and by working with a single minded obsession.
Making big brands trust you is difficult, but not impossible. It calls for both perseverance and tenacity.
To err is human- mistakes are bound to happen, more so at workplace. No matter, how ably you plan and how capable your employees are, some mistake would surely happen, which is going to make your client unhappy. The reason for the problem or fault can be anything. However, at the end of the day, it is you who have to say sorry to solve the problem. Thus, you must know when it is better to say sorry to avoid any problem in future.
Keep these Points in Mind When Apologizing
- Fast, not Furious: Whether you are new entrant in the business area or have been working here for more than 50 years, if there has been a problem from your end, you must apologize instantly. If you feel that there ought to be a problem in the future than you should apologize in advance as some people always do. If is better to come face-to-face and say sorry when there is still time. You would only help yourself if you say sorry to the client, even if somebody else under you has done the mistake.
- Finessing the Client: If anything goes wrong that you have discovered but the client is still to find out, you can apologize in a different way. Try saying you could have done the work in a better way and that you are not completely satisfied with your work, etc. Ask your client to suggest ideas to solve the problem. In this way, try different ideas to apologize when you know you have done a mistake and the client would sniff it out anytime. The client would never get furious on you because you have already broken the ice with your gestures. You always have to maintain a understanding, caring, professional and emphatic attitude towards your client to expect back the same.
- Avoid Bribing the Client: No amount of bribery would save you from the wrath of a client if you have made a mistake after spending the client’s money. It is better to apologize as soon as the mistake happens and fix it sooner than possible. It is only by fixing the stuff properly that you can keep the faith in the client. Otherwise, one client is enough to earn you a bad name.
- Legal Ease: Always keep in mind the difference between admitting fault and apologizing. You cannot do either without accepting the other. However, it is more important to apologize. There is no need to point out the exact fault and apologize for the same. It is better to apologize for the situation and find out ways to solve the problem as early as possible.
The main fact remains that one must take the client in his confidence and make him comfortable at all time. A client would like it when you would show that you acknowledge his feelings and comprehend his frustration. However, you must never commit something that you can never accomplish just to make the client happy for the second time as this can work as boomerang
Nowadays, a large number of candidates are seeking education in the management sector. If you are interested in earning a management degree, it is important for you to decide the field that you want to pursue. For instance, someone who is interested in the human resource section should go for that discipline only and not for the other ones. Yet, before pursuing MBA, it is also important for you to comprehend the market for each field and select something in which you will be able to get recruitment without much hassle.
These days, MBA holders in the energy sector are in demand and if you are someone, who has any sort of interest in this sector, you can try it out. Depending on your choice, you can surely go for the MBA degree in oil and gas management. Students who are interested in the energy sector are now pursuing this MBA course as the demand of the graduates with MBA degree in oil and gas management has increased globally. Fuel crisis has become a serious problem across the globe and someone who will pursue this course with great effort can surely expect a successful career in this field.
As per the report of the market surveys, degree of MBA in oil and gas management is best for those students, who have some kind of familiarity with the energy sector. Fresh graduates can pursue this course if they have the eligibility. However, it is better suited for people who work in this sector or who are somehow associated with this sector. People who are associated with this sector has a better understanding of the intricacies of this sector and so it will never be difficult for them to flourish in this field after completing the degree.
MBA degree in oil and gas management is a good choice, provided you do it from a reputed college or university. They can impart you the appropriate knowledge or skills that are required for undertaking a job in this sector. The oil and gas sector is one of the fastest growing sectors across the globe. Therefore, if you have the zeal to work hard for one year and complete the course, you can surely expect to enjoy a bright future in this field. There are several colleges and universities teaching this course. Enroll in the one, which is best suited for you and get the degree of success.
Many people have the dream of starting and running a business of their own. However, some people hesitate to fulfill their dreams as they do not have the confidence of taking the risk of starting a new business venture. If you are among those people, who want to be a successful business entrepreneur, you need to follow some simple tips to pursue your dreams.
Time Management– This is one of the most important factors to be noted when you want to get yourself established as a business entrepreneur. When you are starting a business of your own, you need to know how to make the best use of your time for increasing productivity.
Use Your Resources Properly– When you are into a business, you should also give due importance to the resources that you are using. Select your resources depending on the type of your business and monitor for the best utilization of the smallest resources that you have accepted. Make sure your staffs are making the best use of their time and the resources provided to them.
Manage Your Human Resource– It is always advisable to appoint an experienced HR head for your company. Managing Human Resources of your business venture properly means not only getting the best services from the manpower but it also ensures that you provide them the best work environment to work in. Salary, incentives and other benefits that are required for managing the employees should be given due importance. It is only possible when you have an experienced person to frame the HR policies. You can also outsource the Human Resource works if you do not want to make investment for this.
Public Relation– When you are interested in running a business successfully, it is quite obvious that you will have to maintain proper public relations. If you have the skills, you can get the job done on your own or you can also appoint experienced professionals for maintaining the public relation desk of your office.
Social Media Relation– The importance of social media has increased significantly in the recent days. Your business should have a successful online presence and for that social media marketing is extremely important. Appoint a professional, who knows how to make your business stand in this competitive online market so that you can grow the venture easily.
When you are interested in establishing yourself as a successful business entrepreneur, you should have complete understanding of what you are doing. You should also know how to make your decisions correct.
How to talk to a CEO?
This one question arises in a person’s mind when he is assigned to meet a CEO of any company. A CEO of a company is a personality who is highly regarded. It is no joke if you have been asked to meet one CEO. If you do not want the outcome of the meeting to be a disastrous one, you must follow certain tips to handle yourself properly in front of him.
- Do Your Homework: A CEO is a highly visible person. Hence, you would not find it difficult to track down professional and personal information of the concerned person. Collect all the necessary information before meeting him. Prepare yourself for the conversation with natural flow keeping in mind the information in the researched materials.
- Be Specific: The most important thing for a CEO is his time. Hence, you should in no way knowingly or unknowingly waste it. When you are given a time for meeting a CEO, ensure that you keep your purpose and plan absolutely ready. Be prepared to answer certain questions that the CEO may ask to test your credentials or get answers to his queries. Try to be to the point so that you take his bare minimum time.
- Ask Questions: Since you would be the one who is going to do all the talking, more specifically, questioning, hence it is important that you come prepared with the important questions to be asked. If you cannot find questions to be asked at a particular time, it is a wise decision to let the CEO speak. You can then frame questions based on the answers. Sometimes, it is important to take the benefit of the guidance, wisdom and experience of this kind of known personality. For getting that, you need to let them speak too about their personal and professional life.
- Feed their Ego: A CEO is a very important of a person. Since he has achieved so much height, he thinks a bit high about himself, which is right too. If you want your meeting to be successful, you must boost his ego. However, you must not sound like a sycophant. Moreover, he would immediately understand your intention. You must appreciate him subtly so that his ego is boosted and he does not doubt your intension as well.
- Plan for Redirection: Before your session ends, you must talk to the CEO and ask for the person with whom you can follow up later. He would surely like the idea since on one hand you would not be taking any more of his time while on the other, you are responsible enough to take on something constructive with his subordinates after the meeting.
- Say Thanks: Saying thanks to the CEO for his time is of extreme importance. You can send him a mail by post or email him a “Thank You” note as well. However, thanking him immediately would look better. You must also remember to thank his assistants, as they are the source through whom you got access to meet the CEO and the same people need to be contacted in future also if you have anything to say to the CEO.
These are the basic tips that would help you to talk to a CEO of a company successfully. To add to the tips, it is important to stay cool and be in good humor if the situation demands.
Business cards can be one of the best tools for marketing. If used in the right way, these small cards can help you draw the attention of several customers at ease and make your business successful.
However, many business owners do not know the importance of business cards and hesitate to use it. While there are others, who even do not have a business card. If you want to grow your business successfully, it is important for you to print business cards and use them in the right place.
After much observation, experts have suggested some great places for leaving business cards.
- In the Cabs: One of the time tested and obviously one of the most effective way of attracting the attention of people is to drop a business card in a cab. It will easily attract the attention of the passengers traveling after you and many of them might be interested in ringing you up to order for the product you sale.
- On the Train: Leaving a business card on the train table or in any of the pouches of the seats is considered to be a good practice. It easily attracts the attention of people and they can get back to you if they are interested in the products or services offered by you.
- Don’t Forget About Bus: You can try out leaving a business card in the bus. Yet, it might not always be effective for all types of businesses. If you are targeting the local people and offer products or services, which can be of their use, you can surely consider about buses.
- Bank Counters: This is one of the best ways of dropping your cards and attracting the attention of people. Leave your card on the bank counters or bank tables. Make the cards attractive and precisely mention about the products or services that you offer. This will help you attract the attention of the prospective clients or customers.
- Local Restaurants: This is also a great way of attracting the attention of prospective clients or customers. If you can make an attractive business card and leave it out on the restaurant table, it will help you in attracting the attention of the next people who come to the table. If they are interested they may call you up or can also refer other people who are looking for the services or products offered by you.
Nowadays, a large number of entrepreneurs are coming to the market for starting a venture of their own. If you also do not have the desire of serving someone else’s company and want to be your own boss, you can also join the queue. However, starting up a venture of your own is not all. To make your idea of business successful, you also need to know how to grow your business in this extremely competitive market. There are several ways of growing your business and becoming the market leader. One of the best ways is to use the storytelling idea.
When you are using storytelling for expansion of your business, you need to throw your words in such a way that there are lots of lots in your sentences. Share whatever you smell, feel, hear, taste and see in such a way that it makes a great impression on the mind of the listener. Use language in such a way that the listeners are completely involved in your story and is ready to buy your story.
To use great storytelling for the growth of your business, you need to give a proper structure to the story. Your story should have a proper context, some believable complications and some questions along with some answers. If a story does not follow a proper structure, it will never be possible for you to make the listeners believe to what you are saying. They will also not be interested in listening to your story.
Before trying out the idea of using story telling for the growth of your business, you can try out for some experience of listening to experts when they tell a story for the growth of your business. This will help you understand, how you can involve your listeners in the story telling and you would be able to implement the process in a much successful way.
When you are using storytelling for the growth of your business, you should ensure that the tale you are telling is revolving around your business. Not only that but also you need to ensure that the story you are telling has some personal touch and something that makes sense. When you are using storytelling for the growth of your business, you should do sufficient research for the work. Without doing proper research of the work, your idea of using storytelling for your business will be a complete wastage of time and effort.
Even though the economic condition is not completely favorable for starting up a new organization, many entrepreneurs are interested in starting up a business of their own. If you are among one of them, who are interested to start a small business, you need to organize everything in the right way. Things like making a decent business plan and appointing a few staff-members for the execution of your plan are not enough if to want to grow your business. To make your business successful, you should have the right equipments for the work.
Some of the most important equipments needed to set up a business have been listed below:
- Computers and peripherals- A computer is one of the most important equipment required for running a business organization in the present days. It is especially required when you are running a small office. Depending on your requirement, you can get a laptop for your own use and desktop for your staffs. Indulge yourself in shopping for computers that meet the latest standards. You can also go for the ones that will require upgrading after several years. You should always shop for the right peripherals for all the computers. Make sure that the peripherals that you purchase are up to the mark and reasonably priced.
- Furniture- Always ensure that your office bears the look of modern office. To maintain the appropriate workplace culture, you need to have the right furniture at your workplace. Select the required number of furniture carefully. Whether it is for yourself or for your staffs, it is always advisable to go for ergonomic chairs and tables.
Proper Networking Equipments- Irrespective of the size of your office, you should go for the right networking equipments. Each and every computer should be connected through networking for making the work process much smoother.
- Electrification- This is one of the most important factors to be noted when you are looking for settling a small business of your own. You should ensure that there is proper electrical wiring for running the computers. If you have separate server, you should also ensure right wiring for that. Apart from that, check proper electrification of the office for fans, lights, coolers and every other thing that is required.
When you are looking for equipments required for small offices, it is always advisable to take care of your budget. Always try to maintain the expenses in your budget so that you may avoid crunch for fund.
Launching a business venture has become top preference for many. Nowadays, a large number of people are interested in starting their own small businesses for earning their bread and butter. If you are among them, you can surely pursue your interest but you will also have to take note of certain factors for ensuring success. As a large number of entrepreneurs are starting up their own venture, you should always be prepared to face a tough competition once you embark on the venture. Apart from that, you should also be prepared to compete with the other existing companies in this field. In order to stand firm in this field, it is important for you to have the right publicity skills with you.
When it comes to the publicity of your small business, you need to know that slogan writing plays an important role. If you can write an effective slogan for advertising your business, you will surely be able to attract more clients and customers. To write an effective slogan, you need to follow some simple rules. The first and foremost thing in this case is the idea that is working behind the slogan. Know the purpose of writing the slogan. If it is meant for advertising the launching of your company, it should have that greeting note. However, if you are planning a slogan for announcing a special discount or deal offered by the company, you should focus more on the offer.
Whatever be the purpose of writing the slogan, you should keep in your mind the theme of your business and ensure that it perfectly matches with that theme. If the slogan does not match with the idea of your business, you might not be able to get the desired results from it. While writing a slogan, make sure that you pick smart words that have the potential of attracting the attention of the audiences. Also ensure that the slogan that you write is grammatically correct. A little mistake in the sentence will cast a bad impression on your company.
When you are writing a slogan for a small business, you can surely take up the task on your own if you have expertise in such jobs. However, if you are not confident enough about writing the slogan, you can surely take the assistance of the professional slogan writers or the copywriters, who are ready to take up the job in exchange of some money for the work.