Starting a BPO is one of the best businesses to do in India. If you have a small office space wherein you can squeeze in a couple of computers and a desk for telephones and a copier machine, you can start-off your BPO business confidently.
BPO business in India includes data entry jobs, call center jobs, telemarketing jobs, customer service jobs, payroll processing, medical transcription, settling insurance claims, supply chain management and other bookkeeping services
How to Start a BPO (Business Process Outsourcing)?
- Have a Plan Ready: Always decide your area of operation.
- Take Up a Challenging Application Process: It is easy to apply with some BPO companies.
All you need to do is fill out an online form and wait for a response. For some you need to get in touch directly and explain your experience and background. Remember the more hoops you have to jump through in getting a contract, the lesser competitors you are likely to have.
- Keep Track of Your Applications: Companies take a long time to reply. Keep a tab of the companies you’ve applied along with the date of application. Keep calling the companies till you get a call.
- Pay Attention to Detail: You need to do something different to set yourself apart.
When you try to get in touch with a company for the first time or are sending reminders to a company which hasn’t responded, do not forget to include the following:
- Weekly stats on your market
- Some promotional items with your logo / contact information
- Mail them a memorable item regularly. This may include sports schedules, holiday postcard etc.
It is important for banks and lenders to know that you are a good agent. Start by finding an up to date list of companies that need BPO’s done for their properties. The quickest way to break into the BPO field is to buy a list from a reliable provider.
Keep reminding people handing out BPO assignments that you desire to become a BPO agent for them. Assure them that you are going to do an excellent job for them.
How to Start a Call Centre?
As call centre is a roaring business in India you can start a call centre with some know how’s:
- Decide on what type of call centre you wish to begin i.e. in house, inbound, outbound, or outsource call centre.
- Devise a business plan. Outline your business goals, financial needs, logistics and staffing plan
- Look for clients in websites providing job services. Send mails to companies seeking services.
If you follow the above steps and regularly get in touch with the right leads from your list, BPO can be the best business for you.