Translators jobs in India offer huge scope to professionals. As multinational companies have started investing in the Indian market, translators are in great demand. Very often you will come across the advertisement ‘translators needed’ in newspapers. So, foreign language courses are gaining in popularity.
Where You can Find Translation Jobs
Translators can find job in sectors like:
- Diplomatic Services
- Translators in Government Sectors, MNC’s and Research Organizations
- Teaching in Schools and Colleges
- As Tourist Guides
- In hotels, in various levels of hotel management
- As Air Hostesses and Flight Stewards
- As Public Relation Officers
- Medical translators jobs
How to Learn a Foreign Language to become a Translator?
Many institutes and universities in India offer courses on foreign languages.
Foreign Language Degree Courses:
The courses usually offered are bachelor’s degree course of 3 years duration, integrated course in Foreign Languages of 5 years duration, diploma or certificate courses of 6 months duration, M.A, M.Phil, and even Ph.D.
Institutes Offering Language Courses in India:
- Benaras Hindu University – Varanasi
- University of Delhi – New Delhi
- School of Languages – Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Academy of Languages – New Delhi
- Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune
- Rajasthan University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Japanese Information and Cultural Center – New Delhi
- Ram Krishna Mission – Kolkata
Scope of Translators jobs in India:
As India is a developing country, work force is available at cheap cost.
English speaking youth in India are learning foreign languages so that they can translate the work of that country into English or vice versa. Prominent among the languages are Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Russian, German etc. So translator’s jobs in India have a bright future.
Freelance translator’s jobs are also offered to those proficient in a particular language. Online jobs translators are sought by various jobs providing websites.