Computer has become a household item in most Indian cities. Its utility to the masses not only lies in research and communication but also in the field of entertainment. Needless to say, services in the field of computers have opened up in a big way. With increased usage of computers prospects in this field look very bright.
You need to be a computer literate person to start a computer business. Business minded people who have space in their house are setting up computer rental shops with Internet access. They get a steady flow of customers who help them earn good profits.
How to Start a Computer Business?
To get started, you need a business plan and capital. Your plan must encompass the following:
- Choose the Right Location: The location must have features like easy accessibility, low competition and demand in computer usage.
- Budget: Plan the items which need to be purchased within your given means.
- Consider the Hardware: Try to have high end computer technology installed. You need to be more advanced than your competitors.
- Original Software: To avoid legal issues always use genuine software. To bring down the expenses in purchasing documenting programs download open source programs like Open Office from the internet.
Start Computer Hardware, Repair, Maintenance and Business
To succeed in computer hardware business you need to have the skill of assembling and servicing computers. To succeed in this business you also need to be good in customer relations, accounting, inventory control, software troubleshooting, purchasing and time management.
Your own house should be the best location for your business. At least at the beginning stages this can save you a lot of money. You must choose right vendors for buying the computer peripherals. You need to know which vendors are good at what. You must also take very good care of after sales service. Advertising is also very important. Begin by distributing leaflets and by adopting other small methods.
How to Start a Computer Networking Business?
Computer networking business is dependent upon promotion. Following promotional strategies will help you stand out from the competition.
- Word Of Mouth and Networking: Create relationships and try to help them. The same businesses will help you in future.
- Advertise: Apart from mutual help and referrals networking business depends hugely on advertising. Good advertising opportunities are provided by Internet and e-mails. Give due consideration to radio, yellow pages, newspapers, and television to reach specific markets.
- Publicity as Free Advertising: Publicity is an important free tool for a computer networking business. When you start your business it will stand you good if you send articles to the local newspaper on the importance of networking, or press releases to a newspaper or magazine editor. Media information can drive people to your business.