Question: I want to start a business of designers Sarees and kutis, I have following queries,
- How should I go about starting this business from scratch?
- What are the Government procedure and registration for a garment showroom?
- Can you also suggest me some good names. My daughter’s name is Asmi, you can suggest me connecting to her name or something new also.
Answer: Well starting sarees and kurti business is a good idea as this is ever demanding market, at the same time always crowed and full of competition. 🙂
I’ll straight away go with your questions.
Answer 1. To start his business you will need to some priori experince in this field, I am assuming tthat you have background related to clothing and garment business.
The first step would be tie-up with suppliers or setting up your own manufacturing. I dont have much idea about your present location, but if you are looking for suppliers who can directly supply readymade Sarees and Ladies Kurits, you can always look for suppliers in Surat City, Gujrat or Ahmedabad City in Gujrat State.
After you finalize your supply part, then second step is about buying or renting a shop for selling sareer and kurtis, depends on your target market (high class or middle class or lower class), you can finalize the location of your shop.
Answer 2. Regarding government and other legal formalities, I would say that they are pretty much similar for all business, if you are starting as sole-proprietor you need to contact nearest government office for registering your business, your C.A (Chartered Accountant) can also help you in this process.
Well if you are planning to do export to other countries, then you will require export license. I think first thing you should do is start local business, if things are working fine, you can go for exporting your products.
Answer 3. Few names I can quickly think of are
— Asmi Sarees
— Asmi Garments
— Asmi’s Beautique / Asmi Beautique
You are always free to use your own.
Few tips to market your business
1. Start telling friends and relatives about new business.
2. Invite them for exclusive sale.
3. Take a help of SMS services, to send text messages to people near your business location.
4. Try putting banners and advertisements where women/ladies frequently visit like vegetable market, temples etc.