Best Laptops for Business in 2011 – 2012
- Every business needs to have at the very minimum, some form of access to the Internet fro communication purposes, a document processor, spreadsheets and son on to be able to function properly.
- It would be tempting for a business to get a desktop PC, but with today’s fast paced world and highly mobile workforce, it is more practical to get a laptop.
- The laptop can enable one to take work with them wherever they go.
- This well designed machine packs a 2.4 GHz core i5 processor, or the high performance i7 processor plus and 4GB of ram fro the 17 inch model.
- There are two other offers with 13 inch and 15 inch screens also offered with dual core processors.
- The machine features ultrafast I/O connections that achieve data transfer rates of 10Gbps.
- Integrated radeon HD 3000 graphic processor makes viewing graphics intensive games, HD movies and 3D software possible. The price ranges from $1199 for the 13 inch up wards to $2499 fro the 17 inch version.
Dell Vostro V13
- This is a well designed aesthetically pleasing machine, but packs some considerable computing power.
- The machine has about 4GB of RAM, a 13 inch screen and only weighs about 4 pounds, with a curiously small form factor. It comes with support from the manufacturer in the form of an online data backup system, that is reliable and touted as being a “send and forget” data backup system.
- The machine is not all plastic, the edges are toughened with zinc and the casing is aluminum.
- It is powered by ultra low-voltage Intel processors to ensure energy efficiency and long battery life while providing a full laptop experience.
Sony VAIO VPCS111FM/S
- This laptop comes with a 2.26 GHz Intel core i5 processor with turbo boost technology.
- The RAM is about 4GB, and the storage space is a decent 500GB. The machine comes bundled with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
- The display is 1.3 inches wide, and capable of 1366×768 resolution powered by an Intel HD graphics card with 2263MB of video memory. There is also a high definition audio sound card, a camera, Bluetooth, and Wifi technology on the laptop.
HP mini 311
- This netbook comes with an 11.6 inch screen, a large keyboard, HDMI ports and ships with Windows &7.
- The graphics is powered by Nvidia’s lon graphics chip and the processor is an Intel atom N270 CPU, plus about 1GB of RAM.
- The netbook is offered with the option of a slightly faster N280 Intel atom processor, a white lid design and wireless features such as Bluetooth and WiFi.
- The graphics capability can handle HD video smoothly, but can only do basic gaming. The graphics chip can also handle some flash streaming, which is important for netbooks that are mainly used to access online cloud services rather that do the brunt of the work offline.
- For a price of about $399, obtaining a 1.6 GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 160GB of HD space and an integrated Nvidia lon graphics chip, the device is a solid choice for entry level netbooks for business use.